KFC Anniversary Celebration - WhatsApp Scam Again~

 Another scam again!

This was forwarded to one of my WhatsApp groups by one of the group members. It says:

WOW! 

* 🎉KFC anniversary celebration🎉*

KFC provides 3000 snack buckets for everyone

Receiving instructions:

1. Each of you can only participate once

2. Limited quantity, first come first time 

3. This event does not cost anything 

 Get yours here FREE 

 http://vip-70.fit/j/?c=kfc

KFC Anniversary Celebration

For those who are new to this type of scam, I've actually posted an entry discussing this type of scam >>> 'Free meals from KFC' Viral WhatsApp . It is called Phishing Scam.

Phishing scams are attempts by scammers to trick you into giving out personal information such as your bank account numbers, passwords, and credit card numbers.

So, let's mess with this link, and see what happens. Is it a Phishing Scam again??

First, I pasted the link onto an Incognito browser. Below is what came out.


We need to answer several questions. Three simple questions with YES NO answer in total.

After I finished answering, this came out. A congratulatory message that said,

"Congratulations! You're eligible for KFC snack bucket. How to get it:

1. Share with 5 groups/ 20 friends via WHATSAPP [click the "WhatsApp" icon below]

2. Click "Choose Package" and enter your address details.

3. You will receive the snack bucket within 24 hours."


And I scrolled down, wow, so make "people" commented:



Ok, let's get back to the Congratulations message. It said in order for us to be eligible for the free KFC, we need first to share the link via Whatsapp. Okay, so what will happen if I click that WhatsApp button?

A new tab with a weird link appeared. I guess it will direct you to your WhatsApp and you can send it to other groups or individuals. I hope it's not some kind of virus where once you send the link to one person, it will hack your WhatsApp and send the link to all your WhatsApp contacts.



whatsapp://send?text=WOW! %0A* %F0%9F%8E%89KFC anniversary celebration%F0%9F%8E%89*%0A*KFC provides 3000 snack buckets for everyone*%0A%0AReceiving instructions:%0A1. Each of you can only participate once%0A2. Limited quantity, first come first time %0A 3. This event does not cost anything %0A%0A Get yours here FREE %0A http://vip-70.fit/j/?c=kfc


Oh, and the bar will full bit by bit every time I clicked the Whatsapp button. And the remaining amount kept decreasing.



Okay, so what will happen if I click the Choose Package button?

Oh, I can't, not until the bar is full. Okay, keep on clicking then. I click and new tab with the weird link appeared, I closed the tab, click the WhatsApp button again and repeat the action, until the bar is full. 


Yeay, done. and now they want me to download an app?



I clicked the Download App and it opened up a new tab as follows:


We have to download the software and watch the video for 30 seconds?

Okay, so I stopped here. I'm not daring enough to download an unknown app on my laptop hahaha 😅

***************8

Okay so basically, I think this is not a Phishing Scam as last time as they did not ask for any of our personal details yet. Since it's related to watching videos, I think this is related to Google Advertising. You know, they will get money from Google when people watch videos/ads, right?

Alright, for now, just beware of this kind of scam. and NEVER EVER share your personal information over unknown service/product online.


Goodbye for now~ 

Stay safe, stay healthy. Practice physical distancing.


Comments