I always thought that watching drama is a waste of time. But deep in my heart, I want to direct a movie one day. What movie director who direct a movie without watching any movie as a reference?
So, this is it. I'm going to watch drama, and jot down any things for reference. I especially detest korean drama, not until lately. I detested because I thought korean drama is all about love between people. Like, the story centered all around them. How pitiful.
But, I started to realize there are different kind of movie genres. They just not shown on our tv channel. Afterall, romance stories are what getting hits the most nowadays, tch.
1. W - Two World
-Between a 2D and real world. It doesn't make any sense, but this is what we called as fantasy. Everyone can fantasize on something, and you can make anything happen in a fantasy world. No logic can be found. 2D people can transport to the real world and become human. But, something has to pay for it, which is the life of the real people. They exchange their life. It takes two to tango.
- Of course GCI plays an important aspect in creating this.
- there is no 2nd male lead who will fight for female 1 love. 2nd male lead is her father I think.
- family relationship.
- the male lead memory was erased, but he can like the same girl again over time. Well, this is kind of cliche despite I think the small time they spent for the second time. Glad the memory doesn't magically come, because if it is, then it is not logical. But whoops, anything can happen in a fantasy world. But we still craves for some logic right? I mean, me.
- the acting? Everyone is ok.
- the scene management. I like how they did their flashback. Example, there are 3 cuts on the flashback. But the earliest flashback was on the third. Do you get what I mean? It doesn't start directly on the first scene of the supposed flashback. It was done backwards. I think this way of managing flashback scenes is interesting. First time I saw this.
- did I cry? I think I did at scenes where people cried. I always wonder how the actor can moved people to tears.
2. Bring It On, Ghost
-Ghost of 5 years is actually a living person in coma. Even in the end she regained consciousness, she can't remember a thing during her coma state; a wandering soul.
Ok, this kinda makes sense. The love bloom again with that guy's effort. Well, memories might come, but will not be clear enough. If she started to remember everything suddenly, then it's cliche.
-The characters. Two male mc, two female mc. Looks cliche enough, but not. Male 1 like female 1. Female 2 like male 2. Male 2 is the antagonist. In older drama, 2 female will fight for 1 male. And the 2nd male lead who likes female 1 will get heartbroken. I think this setup is not famous lately. People don't want any cliche stuff. They want something that at least can relate themselves with. Ok back to the characters, aside from the 2 male 2 female lead, there are side characters. A comedy duo. The parents/guardian of leads also play important role.
-One thing I like, is how they portrayed they life history of the antagonist. Make we pity him at one point. Like he doesn't deserve that because he was possessed. As the monk said, we see him doing bad things because of an evil spirit, but in the eye of society, he is a murderer. So in the end, at least the antagonist and his mother kinda reconciled. There's a slight happy ending for him in the end. Not totally making him evil till the end. So, can we relates the antagonist with our real world? What say you? What is the reason, the moral behind this?
-Another thing, the ending. I found it's hard to create a suitable ending. I can't really satisfied with the ending, but, even I dunno what kind of ending that I want. What say you?
- the acting. It's cool that the male 1 guy is not so cool and acted bubbly with the girl he loves at the end. Not a cliche cold bad boys guy. But, acting bubbly is kinda weird and seriously not my type haha. Overall, everyone acting was ok.
- Of course GCI plays an important aspect in creating this. Well, it's good the ghosts' appearance were kinda the same, same body gestures, contact eyes, blood. But it still sometimes made me jumped.
- the scene management. Starts with reality then some flashback in the middle. This is the usual thing. Another one, some scenes on the previous episode were left hanging, and continued at the next episode. Not sure if randomly or consequently placed. This is kinda cool I guess. Making us wonder, when will the cliffhanger resolve.
Okay, so far, that's two drama I've watched. Maybe I should watch other country's drama. Bye bye~
Oh yeah, any recommendations? Do drop your comment below~