What On Earth is Art?

Hi there brothers and sisters.

I had a lot in my mind lately, trying to seek a topic for a new post on this blog. After blankly staring at the empty ceiling and forcefully rummaging my brain for a topic, I came out with this one thing I would like to share my thought about. It is called Arts.

Whenever I heard the word Art, my face will beam with a smile and my heart feel filled with sunshine and love. In my whole life, never did I came across to search the true definition of Art. I live in my own perception for the meaning of Art. 

Art, to me, is something beautiful, mysterious, and thrilling.
I may not be able to express my own definition of art in words, but, in simple words, I tend to view everything I see as an art.


My first time trying to be involved in water colour painting. Very child-like.


According to Google, Art is,

the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

The art of drawing, painting, music, dancing and writing are among the common scopes of art everyone knew.

But, what about the art of perception, provoking, language, thinking, speaking, influencing people, and leadership? To me, those scopes are beautiful, mysterious and thrilling in their own way.

I second Sol LeWitt (1928-2007) statement,

Ideas alone can be works of art. All ideas need not be made physical. A work of art may be understood as a conductor from the artist’s mind to the viewer’s. But it may never reach the viewer, or it may never leave the artist’s mind.

Perhaps, everything we do can be considered as an art. I strongly believe that there is no right or wrong in art. Everyone is trying to do their best in everything. However, it is still depends on the community's norm. Whatever it is, if the community or the country see it as illegal, then it will be illegal.

To end this post, I would like to emphasize that not everyone is into Art. There are several types of people in this world with different way of thinking. First, those who use their left brain more. Second, those who use their right brain more. One is not better than the other, just as being right-handed is not ‘superior’ to being left-handed.

So, because of this diversity, we strongly cannot judge they way people act or think according to our own perception and principle. Those with artistic characteristic will think differently than those who is sistematic and analytic, and vice versa. Respect each other shortcomings and let's try to overcome the personality barrier by understanding how to deal with respective personality :)

Hope you learn something through this post.

Until next time.






p/s: I really want to indulge and improve myself in drawing, painting, and writing butttt.... Because I doesn't have the talent, so I need to work reallllly freaking hard in practicing. However! I am a big fat lazy person! How will I ever succeeded in improving myself lol. Okay, just wish me all the best in life then XD May I be granted a feeling to eliminate this super lazy undetermined feeling and work hard instead, insyaAllah.

Wanna check out what I've done so far?

I never had interest in painting before. It's kind of troublesome, so I thought. Playing with colours. But, one day, I tried giving myself a shot. Just trying to kill off times. Thus, I came out with several painting. Guess even an idiot like me can actually paint lol. Nevertheless, everyone can try on anything they want to try. It's okay if it is not perfect, but even trying is a respectful thing though.

EH. MAN. What a long post-script ever written haha.

This drawing is quite simple. Using water colour. I followed a digital image found on Google


This one also from Google image. Imitating others people work somehow is a perfect practice. I messed up though.

Tried to draw Tuan Guru Nik Aziz from a book cover. But, apparently, no one has been able to tell who is this actually. Haha. Well, I am not a professional anyway

Comments